NO-COST MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS TRAINING!
CHR is excited to bring Mental Health First Aid training to the community! This valuable training provides vital awareness and education about mental health and substance use challenges.
Adult Mental Health First Aid
This skills-based, certificate training course teaches participants how to identify signs and symptoms of a potential mental health or substance use challenge in adults. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, addiction, and suicide. Learn more here.
In addition to the general Adult MHFA course CHR is proud to offer the following community-specific courses:
Youth Mental Health First Aid
This skills-based course is designed to teach participants, who regularly interact with youth, how to help an adolescent who may be experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, substance use, and disruptive behavior disorder. Learn more here.
Bring MHFA to your organization!
CHR is happy to provide private Mental Health First Aid trainings to local organizations. Instructors can provide any of the above listed courses! Courses are offered in the following formats to fit the needs of your organization:
- In-Person: 7.5 hour in-person instructor led training- requires 15 minutes of self-paced pre-work
- Blended- Virtual: 5.5 hour virtual instructor led training- requires 2 hours of self-paced pre-work
- Blended-In-Person: 5.5 hour in-person instructor led training- requires 2 hours of self-paced pre-work
*Community-Specific Courses are only offered In-Person*
Who should attend MHFA?
Any adult (18+) can benefit from MHFA Training!
- Counselors/Peer Support
- Human/Social Services Staff
- K-12 Staff/Faculty
- College Students/Interns
- Caring Individuals
Community-Specific Courses are available to support these audiences and any individuals who work with them:
- Fire/EMS/First Responders
- Law Enforcement/Public safety/Corrections
- Criminal Justice Professionals
- Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
- Higher Education Staff/Faculty
No matter your role, there’s a MHFA for you!
MHFA is an interactive learning course utilizing real-life scenarios and group activities to enhance instructor-led learning.
Participants in virtual courses must have camera and microphone function enabled.