There are thousands of children in Connecticut right now who need a place to call home and a parent or family to help them have a happy and healthy childhood. If you have room in your heart and your home to help a child in need, please contact CHR to learn more about the Functional Family Therapy-Foster Care program. CHR provides you with comprehensive, 24/7 support every step of the way along this journey.
To learn more about our program, please visit:
Functional Family Therapy-Foster Care
Terapia familiar funcional – Cuidado de acogida
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Foster Parent, please email a Foster Care team member at Chrfostercare@chrhealth.org or call at 860.730.8727!
A message to foster parents from Heather Gates, CHR’s President and CEO
TUNE IN TO RADIO INTERVIEWS TO HEAR MORE FROM OUR TEAM!
Emma Espitia, TFC recruiter speaks with Bomba radio about the need for foster parents in the Windham county area. Listen to learn more!
11/18/22: The new foster care program at Community Health Resources
CHR seeks therapeutic foster parents who understand the importance of healthy relationships at home, at school and in the community. By providing stability, trust and a sense of permanency, foster parents can help a child see the world in a more positive light and develop the skills necessary to become healthy and productive adults.
Foster families come in all shapes and sizes; they can be homeowners or renters, married or single, traditional or same gender families and families who are culturally diverse. To create a caring environment, foster parents must:
- have the patience and capacity to love and care for a child
- be warm and understanding with the flexibility to adapt to changing situations
- work as part of a team, recognizing and meeting the child’s emotional, physical, developmental and educational needs
- allocate a room and space for the child
- retain adequate income
- maintain good physical and emotional health
As a CHR therapeutic foster parent you will receive intensive and ongoing support to ensure you never face foster parenting alone or unprepared. We are ready to provide:
- initial and on-going training
- supportive staff available 24/7
- comprehensive behavioral health services for the child and family
- respite care
- generous stipend to offset expenses related to child support
If you’ve been thinking about becoming a foster parent and/or are interested in learning more, we invite you to speak with one of CHR’s Therapeutic Foster Care Recruiters, please call 860.730.8727.