We sincerely hope that you and your family are healthy and safe in these unusual times. Please know that CHR is here for all of your behavioral healthcare needs
today, and always!
For your safety and convenience, many of our services are now available through telehealth.
To schedule an appointment,
please call us at 1.877.884.3571.
If you prefer to see your clinician in person, we are now offering expanded hours! Please carefully review the list below as schedules vary by location.
A Healthy Environment
When the time comes for you to visit a CHR location, please know we are taking every step to protect your health through enhanced cleaning, health screenings for all visitors, and adherence to all CDC guidelines. This includes:
- When you come in for your appointment, you’ll receive a brief health screening and we will take your temperature.
- We’ve made adjustments in our clinics to encourage social distancing.
- All of our staff are wearing masks, for your safety, and you will be asked to wear a mask as well.
Thank you and please stay safe!
Call CHR with any questions: 1.877.884.3571
Behavioral Healthcare Heroes in Action
When the world changed in mid-March, CHR:
- Continued essential services without interruption, including mobile crisis teams; all residential programs for children, teens and adults; methadone treatment programs throughout the region and more.
- Swiftly transitioned to telehealth clinical services.
- Opened urgent care hours for individuals who needed to be seen in person.
- Methadone treatment programs in CHR offices and CT prisons.
PROVIDING HELP FOR EVERYONE
Recognizing that people throughout the region were dealing with extreme stress, CHR:
- Launched the free HERO HOTLINE, 888.217.HERO, to provide immediate coaching from clinicians specially trained in Acute Stress Response.
- The free HERO HOTLINE, 888.217.HERO, continues today and is now targeting services for teachers, parents and parents who are teachers, as well as the general public. We are here for you!
- Continued without interruption 24/7 care in all residential programs for children and adults (110 beds).
- Adding wellness initiatives for CHR’s staff, including daily guided meditations and weekly yoga and virtual exercise classes.
EXPANDING SERVICES, CAREFULLY
Over the summer, CHR transitioned to our “New Normal Action Plan” and:
- Implemented rigorous screening, social distancing and cleaning protocols so we could safely reopen some face-to-face outpatient and community-based services, for individuals who need to be seen in person.
- We are continuing to track the needs of our communities and the impact of the pandemic.
- We continue to remind everyone that NOW is the RIGHT time to start feeling better with effective, behavioral healthcare services at CHR!
- Increased housing outreach to help individuals and families find safe and affordable housing.
- Increased communication with CHR staff about COVID-related changes and updates.
TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS
Through the careful work of our Executive Team, CHR ended FY 20 with a balanced budget and continued to meet strategic goals as a leader in behavioral healthcare services, supportive housing, integrated care and more.