In preparation for the snowstorm, CHR will be modifying its operational hours for Tuesday, February 28, 2023. CHR will operate remotely until 11 a.m. and offices will open for in-person services starting at 11 a.m. In the event that the weather overnight proves to be more substantial than currently predicted, we will post further modifications to our operations tomorrow morning.
A few notes to all CHR staff: All essential staff must report for work. We are so thankful to those who cover these essential programs and other operations. If you have any questions, please reach out to your supervisor about program coverage.
For your safety, please keep in mind the following tips to stay safe in inclement weather.
- Ensure you have the necessary tools to clean snow and ice off your vehicles.
- Rainy conditions can also cause slippery surfaces, so please drive slow down.
- Be aware of the ground when you step outside or out of a vehicle. Walking surfaces could be uneven, icy, and/or wet.
- Wear appropriate non-slip footwear in snowy and/or icy conditions.
- When getting out of a vehicle, please plant both feet firmly on the ground to prevent slipping. Reach and/or retrieve bags after your footing is secure under you.
- Be aware of traffic and snowbanks at intersections, slow down, and be present while driving. Your arrival is more important than being late.
- Do not walk where cones are placed; avoid the area completely.
- Salt buckets are placed at entries; please spread salt if it is needed for the next person.