There are thousands of children in Connecticut right now who need a place to call home and a parent or family to help them have a happy and healthy childhood. If you have room in your heart and your home to help a child in need, please contact CHR to learn more about the Therapeutic Foster Care program. CHR provides you with comprehensive, 24/7 support every step of the way along this journey.
For more information about our program, please visit:
Therapeutic Foster Care
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Foster Parent, please email a Therapeutic Foster Care team member at Chrfostercare@chrhealth.org or call at 860.730.8727!
CHR seeks therapeutic foster parents who understand the importance of healthy relationships at home, at school and in the community. By providing stability, trust and a sense of permanency, foster parents can help a child see the world in a more positive light and develop the skills necessary to become healthy and productive adults.
Foster families come in all shapes and sizes; they can be homeowners or renters, married or single, traditional or same gender families and families who are culturally diverse. To create a caring environment, foster parents must:
- have the patience and capacity to love and care for a child
- be warm and understanding with the flexibility to adapt to changing situations
- work as part of a team, recognizing and meeting the child’s emotional, physical, developmental and educational needs
- allocate a room and space for the child
- retain adequate income
- maintain good physical and emotional health
As a CHR therapeutic foster parent you will receive intensive and ongoing support to ensure you never face foster parenting alone or unprepared. We are ready to provide:
- initial and on-going training
- supportive staff available 24/7
- comprehensive behavioral health services for the child and family
- respite care
- generous stipend to offset expenses related to child support
If you’ve been thinking about becoming a foster parent and/or are interested in learning more, we invite you to speak with one of CHR’s Therapeutic Foster Care Recruiters, please call 860.730.8727.