Recovery Support Specialist (Full-time/Manchester, CT) - 2468
REQUISITION #: 2468
DATE POSTED: 05/09/17
JOB TITLE: Recovery Support Specialist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
SCHEDULED HOURS: 40 hrs (M-F 8:30 am -5:00 pm, 12:00 pm-8:30 pm; weekends 10:30 am-7:00 pm rotation)
PROGRAM: Assertive Community Treatment Team
SITE LOCATION: Manchester, CT
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To provide a full range of community based clinical and community support services for adults with severe and persistent mental illness and/or with dual diagnosis to increase independence in the community.
POSITION CORE COMPETENCIES:
Interpersonal Communication: Establishes positive rapport and trust with clients and co-workers; demonstrates core TAG value of Trustworthiness.
Collaboration & Teamwork: Effectively participates as a team member to advance common team goals; demonstrates core TAG value of Collaboration.
Cultural Competence, Diversity & inclusion: Effectively and respectfully works with others who have diverse traditions, beliefs, interpersonal styles, attitudes and behaviors.
Systems Oriented Practice: Functions effectively within the organizational and financial structures of CHR and other external systems in which they interact. Maintains the standards set forth by professional ethical guidelines and the code of conduct of CHR.
Quality & Performance Improvement: Works individually and within teams to improve skills and to achieve performance goals and improve outcomes; demonstrates core TAG values of Choice & Empowerment.
Informatics: Uses information technology to support and improve organizational effectiveness.
Safety Environment: Identifies, prevents and reports unsafe situations; uses appropriate procedures to assure safety environment; demonstrates core TAG value of Safety.
Screening & Assessment: Conducts brief, evidence-based and developmentally appropriate screening and conducts or arranges for more detailed assessments when indicated.
Care Planning & Care Coordination: Creates and/or implements integrated care plans, ensures access to linked services; exchanges information among clients, family members, and providers.
Intervention: Provides range of brief, focused prevention, treatment and recovery services for clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts Clinical and Risk Assessments, LOCUS, Co-occurring Screens and Functional Assessments.
- Collaborates with individuals to create individualized, person centered treatment plans and documents clients progress during treatment.
- Use Motivational Interventions to assist clients in meeting their goals and moving along their paths to recovery, utilizing stage wise interventions
- Provide psycho-educational rehabilitation services group and individual for recovery from psychiatric and substance abuse disorders
- Support individual with linking and engaging with natural (family, friends) or community supports
- Develop crisis plans for clients and work with other staff to respond to crisis situations as needed
- Provide skills teaching, such as assisting clients in obtaining/ maintaining housing and utilities; learning how to use transportation services, planning and preparing nutritional meals, engage and communicate with family and friends, be safe in the community, care for children and other family members, and solve everyday problems that arise.
- Provide intensive skill building interventions and support for self-management, self-advocacy, health and well-being, relapse prevention, and using community resources
- Participate in family education and support activities
- Maintains documentation in compliance with agency and program standards.
- Participates in staff meetings, supervision, trainings and other meetings as assigned.
- Additional duties as required.
Education: Recovery Support Specialist: Bachelor’s Degree Required, Life experience.
Experience: Recovery Support Specialist: 2+ years working with identified populations
Individuals who identify themselves as having a mental illness or substance abuse are encouraged to apply.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Advocacy Unlimited: Recovery Support Certification required. Valid driver’s license required. CPR and First-Aid certification within 6 months of hire.
Training: Recovery Support Specialist Certification from Advocacy Unlimited is required.
For current CHR employees please use an internal application form found on the CHR Intranet.