Recoverty Support Coach/Case Manager- 2422
REQUISITION #: 2422
DATE POSTED: 3/10/2017
JOB TITLE: Recovery Support Coach/Case Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
SCHEDULED HOURS: 35 hours/week (Mon.-Fri. 5:30a-2:30p, some Saturdays)
PROGRAM: Pathways OTP
SITE LOCATION: Enfield, CT
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To work as a recovery coach within a team providing intensive medication assisted treatment to individuals with opiate abuse disorders. Will address the recovery barriers to treatment through outreach support, direct assistance and advocacy and housing assistance etc
- Providing individuals with opiate disorders with finding appropriate and affordable housing, receipt of entitlements, resolving legal issues etc.
- Linking with appropriate treatment sources, assisting with motivational approaches.
- Providing coordination of care with collateral providers.
- Address barriers to treatment
- Use lived experience to engage program clients
POSITION CORE COMPETENCIES:
Interpersonal Communication: Establishes positive rapport and trust with clients and co-workers; demonstrates core TAG value of Trustworthiness.
Collaboration & Teamwork: Effectively participates as a team member to advance common team goals; demonstrates core TAG value of Collaboration.
Cultural Competence, Diversity & inclusion: Effectively and respectfully works with others who have diverse traditions, beliefs, interpersonal styles, attitudes and behaviors.
Systems Oriented Practice: Functions effectively within the organizational and financial structures of CHR and other external systems in which they interact. Maintains the standards set forth by professional ethical guidelines and the code of conduct of CHR.
Quality & Performance Improvement: Works individually and within teams to improve skills and to achieve performance goals and improve outcomes; demonstrates core TAG values of Choice & Empowerment.
Informatics: Uses information technology to support and improve organizational effectiveness.
Safety Environment: Identifies, prevents and reports unsafe situations; uses appropriate procedures to assure safety environment; demonstrates core TAG value of Safety.
Screening & Assessment: Conducts brief, evidence-based and developmentally appropriate screening and conducts or arranges for more detailed assessments when indicated.
Care Planning & Care Coordination: Creates and/or implements integrated care plans, ensures access to linked services; exchanges information among clients, family members, and providers.
Intervention: Provides range of brief, focused prevention, treatment and recovery services for clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes appropriate therapeutic models to aid clients in understanding and managing their symptoms.
- Maintains family and other collateral contacts to ensure quality, client-centered services.
- Assesses and involves natural supports in treatment planning and discharge processes whenever possible.
- Provides case management, clinical and crisis intervention supports as indicated.
- Demonstrates competency in age related or specialty issues and developmental needs for each population served.
- Uses EMR to document all services and contacts with clients, collateral contacts and appointments.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human services preferred. May consider relevant experience and certification in lieu of BA
Experience: At least two (2) years experience in a substance use or mental health treatment setting preferred. Lived experience with recovery is required
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Valid driver’s license.
For current CHR employees please use an internal application form found on the CHR Intranet.